By Charles Layton
Ocean Grove has a time-honored town slogan: God’s Square Mile. It is memorable and succinct. However, as we know, OG is really only about half a square mile – less when it’s flooded — and surrounding its Methodist core there has arisen a large and vital secular community. We think that community needs a slogan of its own. Therefore, here are our “top ten suggestions for a new town slogan.”
10. Ocean Grove: Not responsible for lost or stolen items.
9. Ocean Grove: A National Historic Site – but you can get a variance.
8. Ocean Grove: Gayer than thou.
7. Ocean Grove: Absolutely no mosquitos. Honest.
6. Ocean Grove: No parking at any time.
5. Ocean Grove: Property of Jack Green.
4. Ocean Grove: Where’s my bike?
3. Ocean Grove: Home of Blogfinger. (Well, why not?)
2. Ocean Grove: It only floods when it rains.
And the Number One suggestion for a new town slogan:
1. Ocean Grove: What do you have to do to get a drink around here?