This week’s crime roundup from the Ocean Grove Neighborhood Watch includes the following:
- Two unoccupied houses were entered in the 50 block of Heck Avenue. Police said the burglar was arrested.
- Someone entered another unoccupied house — this one in the area of 70 Lake Avenue — by climbing through an open window. Several personal items were taken.
- Personal items were also taken from an unoccupied, unsecured house in the area of 100 Abbott Avenue.
- A bicycle was stolen from the area of 90 Asbury Avenue.
- Two vehicles were vandalized, one in the area of 70 Main Avenue and one in the area of 130 Mt. Hermon Way.
- And finally, police had a report of a lottery scam. The victims said they got a phone call from someone who said he was with Las Vegas Mega Millions. The caller told the victims they had won cash and a car. The victim was advised to send a money order of a few hundred dollars in order to have their winnings processed.